The Central Valley Farmland Trust (CVFT) is engaged in the protection of productive farmland in the Central San Joaquin Valley. Farmland protection is accomplished in the following ways:
- Acquiring agricultural conservation easements (ACEs) from willing landowners on a voluntary basis and annually monitoring those ACEs to insure compliance with the terms and conditions.
- Acquiring land through donations.
- Working in partnership with private and governmental conservation agencies and organizations.
- Working cooperatively with other land trusts.
- Purchasing fee land.
- Public outreach and education to help promote farmland conservation and ag sustainability.