- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3 cans (10-3/4 oz. each) chicken broth
- 1 can (16 oz.) pumpkin
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup light whipping cream
- Garnishes: bacon bits, green onions, croutons, sour cream
- Melt butter; sauté green onions and yellow onion until soft and golden.
- Remove from heat and blend in flour.
- Return to heat and add the chicken broth, pumpkin, and salt. Bring soup to a boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat. Simmer, 10 minutes.
- Add whipping cream.
- Garnish with bacon bits, croutons, green onion, or sour cream, if desired.